This program is a hands-on environmental program that aims at creating more sustainable communities through active involvement of young people. There are high levels of littering amongst students and a lack of school gardens within the school compounds. This limits the students’ access to nutritious foods, and the time spent outdoors. We work with young people in schools to actively engage in conserving our environment through outdoor conservation activities.
Duties as a volunteer may consist of:
- Educate students/pupils on environment protection, growing healthier food in school gardens, and best farming practices.
- Establish orchards with the pupils (fruit tree gardens) in our eco-schools
- Take pupils to explore their natural surroundings and identify key natural resources.
- Interacting with students, parents and teachers about best child rights practices, conflict resolution etc..
- Interact with the pupils to develop their English skills.
- Working with schools to innovate solutions for local problems
- Develop an outdoor curriculum for sports, gardening, scouts, etc.MANDATORY: Cultural session with the students outlining facts and information about your own country.